A Sunday in the hills


Heyo,

How you doin‘? (I hope you're reading this in Joey’s voice haha)

Last Sunday I visited a friend in her hometown region and we went hiking. I was honestly looking forward to this day like a little child looks forward to christmas, because the weather was supposed to be preeeeetty damn good and I couldn't wait to put my hiking boots on a get outside (and get sun burned).

 She very kindly picked me up in Wiener Neustadt and from there we drove to a village just below „Hohe Wand“ from where we started the hike. It took us about an hour to get to the first hut and then maybe another 15-20min to reach the lunch destination. The hike was pretty chill and we could enjoy some well deserved sun on the way.

On our way down, we went through this incredible forest with such interesting trees that I struggled to photograph them. BUT when we reached a field below Hohe Wand, I was in my element because the hill was beautifully back lit and there were even some dried plants I could frame my shots with (and everybody had to wait for me because I had to stop and frame the show with EVERY.SINGLE.PLANT I could find, how typical haha).

I gotta say, first hike of 2020 was a success and I had the best time (despite eating Käsespätzle even tho I’m lactose intolerant… BUT THEY WERE WORTH IT!!)

Also, going through the photos in a dark lecture hall is kinda sad (and yes, I know, I should be paying attention…)

I hope you like the shots, let me know what you think!

















Comments